Subhapruek Golf Club
18 holes par 72 (6837 yards)
Subhapruek Golf Club Information
|Holes / Par / Yardage:||18 holes par 72 (6837 yards)|
South of Bangkok towards the airport
50 minutes from downtown Bangkok
|Max. golfers per group:||Weekday: 5 |
|Golf Cart:||THB 700|
|Golf Set:||THB 1,800|
|Golf Shoes:||THB 200|
(challenging Pete Dye design, a bit run down)
When Pete Dye designed this golf course, it was known as the Bangna Country Club, but is now called Subhapruek (pronounced su-paa-preuk) Golf Club. The course location is very natural, with only the tall white tower, golden domes and spires of the nearby Assumption University visible above the tree-lined perimeter.
Although constructed out of flat marshy rice fields, Dye has laid out a visually exciting and challenging layout that has grown into one of Bangkok's finest golf courses. Palm tree lined fairways with shaped bunkers, big water hazards, and mature stands of trees describe this Bangkok golf course. Well maintained year round, the quality of golf matches the excellence of the layout.
A pleasant breeze is often present and this course just lays itself in front of you and gives you exactly what you see. At just over 6800 yards this course presents a terrific challenge to golfers of all levels. The back tees are more than long enough as the real challenge is finding and stating on the fairways.
Water comes into play on almost every hole at Subhapreuk. This is definitely not a course for hookers or slicers and long hitting is not the name of the game either. A shorter, controlled game will generally prevail over a long, errant one. The fairways often look narrow from the tee-box, but open up nicely around the landing areas.
From the white tees, the par fours are generally short and can offer some good scoring opportunities. The par-3’s are all over water and very tricky - mastering them will be the secret to a good score. This is a challenging, but fair test of golf and in signature Pete Dye trade mark, even higher handicappers have escape routes on the more difficult holes.
The finishing holes on each nine are the highlights, the Par 5 8th doglegging slightly around a lake and the Par 4 9th also protected by water on the entire right side of the hole. The most menacingly closing three holes are the real stars of Subhapreuk. The boulder-rimmed, island green par-3 16th is delightful, while the short par-4 17th, wrapped around a lake, is as tight and testing as they come. Water is found along the entire length on left and even a slight fade will end up wet. A hybrid off the tee followed by a short iron to the green is a much safer play.
The same water hazard is also in play alongside the par-4 18th, which is reminiscent of the 18th at the TPC at Sawgrass. With a waterfall in the back drop, this is one of the prettiest holes in Thailand golf. Just in case you can’t get enough of this course, or you need to settle a tied match play, there is even a short par-3 19th thrown in for good measure.
The driving range is unique that it involves hitting into water to floating island targets, not really a good way to gain in your swing thoughts for the day. Practice areas are adequate, but not in the same condition as the golf course.
The clubhouse is expansive and features a restaurant serving good Asian and Western food. The Chinese Dim Sum and Thai noodle selections, available throughout the day, enjoyed with a few cold beers is particularly a good way for golfers to count their score and reflect on the their round.
This Bangkok golf course is very busy, especially on weekends, mostly with local expatriates and Asian golf visitors who seem to be given starting and service priority over others. Weekday golf is better with less crowds and average speed of play. Lately, the course has become a bit run down, especially the facilities.
Subhapruek Golf Club Map
Subhapruek Golf Club Reviews & Comments
Subhapruek Golf Club Tee Time | Online Booking | Request a Free and Non-Obligatory Quote
Golf Tour Packages in Bangkok
- Bangkok & River Kwai Golf Escape
- Bangkok DREAM Golf Package
- Bangkok Golf Break
- 3 Round Bangkok Golf Package
- Bangkok New Golf Courses Package
- One Week Bangkok Golf Package
- Best of Thailand Golf Expedition
- Bangkok Championship Golf Package
- Hua Hin - Bangkok (2-Destination) Golf Package
- Pattaya - Bangkok (2-Destination) Golf Package
- Chiang Mai - Bangkok (2-Destination) Golf Package
- Bangkok - Phuket (2-Destination) Golf Package
- Khao Yai - Bangkok (2-Destination) Golf Package
- Bangkok - Danang (2-Country) Golf Package
- Bangkok - Kanchanaburi - Hua Hin (3-Destination) Golf & Culture Package
Golf Courses in Bangkok
- Alpine Golf and Sports Club
- Amata Spring Country Club
- Ayutthaya Golf Club
- Bangkok Golf Club
- Bangpakong Riverside Country Club
- Bangpoo Golf & Sports Club
- Bangsai Country Club
- Best Ocean Golf Club
- Cascata Golf Club
- Chuan Chuen Golf Club
- Green Valley Country Club
- Kiarti Thanee Country Club
- Krung Kavee Golf Course & Country Club Estate
- Krungthep Kreetha Sports Club
- Lakewood Country Club
- Lakewood Links
- Lam Luk Ka Country Club
- Legacy Golf Club
- Lotus Valley Golf Resort
- Muang Kaew Golf Club
- Navatanee Golf Course
- Nikanti Golf Club
- Panya Indra Golf Club
- Pinehurst Golf & Country Club
- Rachakram Golf Club & Resort
- Riverdale Golf Club
- Rose Garden Golf Club
- Royal Bang Pa-In Golf Club
- Royal Golf & Country Club
- Royal Lakeside Golf Club
- Subhapruek Golf Club
- Summit Windmill Golf Club
- Suvarnabhumi Golf and Country Club
- Suwan Golf & Country Club
- Thai Country Club
- Thana City Golf & Sports Club
- Thanont Golf View & Sport Club
- The Royal Gems Golf and Sports Club
- The Royal Gems Golf City - Dream Arena
- Vintage Golf Club
- Windsor Park & Golf Club