Alpine Golf and Sports Club
18 holes par 72 (7044 yards)
Alpine Golf and Sports Club Information
|Designer:||Ronald M. Garl|
|Holes / Par / Yardage:||18 holes par 72 (7044 yards)|
Northeast Bangkok, along the outer ring road
60 minutes from Bangkok center
|Max. golfers per group:||Weekday: 4
|Golf Cart:||THB Included|
|Golf Set:||THB 1500|
|Golf Shoes:||THB 300|
(site of Tiger Woods' 2000 Asian Tour win)
Alpine Golf & Sports Club is one of Thailand's top rated courses, and one of the best in Asia. The layout created by one of America's leading golf course architects, Ronald M. Garl, was the venue for the 2000 Johnnie Walker Classic PGA tournament won by Tiger Woods and again hosted the same event in 2004.
The 18 holes at Alpine golf simply put make up the best layout and most challenging golf course in Bangkok, and by a wide margin! In addition to the superb hole routing this member’s only golf club is extremely well maintained and features lightning fast greens and undulating fairways.
Large stately trees, bushes and shrubs flourish within the undulating parkland layout. In fact, it is hard to imagine that Alpine was originally created from flat rice paddy fields. The changing elevations are more characteristic of golf courses in Hua Hin or Phuket, instead of Bangkok.
In addition to significant elevation changes and a wonderfully rolling undulating design, water is also much in evidence, along with beach-style bunkers, which most notably protect the front of the par-3 3rd and 12th holes. This is not a Bangkok golf course for the faint-hearted. Some of the drives require straight shots to avoid winding up in the jungle lining many of the holes. Finding the often water protected greens is also no easy achievement. The 7th and 11th holes for example, are both played to what in essence are island greens, connected to each other by a small sliver of land. With these relatively small putting surfaces to aim at, one is left mesmerized to discover that Tiger Woods actually eagled the 555-yard par-5 7th on his way to winning the 2000 Johnnie Walker Classic. Alpine is clearly a layout that will test the best, but also one that is full of wonderfully picturesque holes, lots of lush vegetation and, for the Bangkok area, an extravagance of undulations and "alpine" earth mounding.
A player’s tip to note is that most of the greens slope from back to front, so keeping the ball below the hole makes shooting low scores much easier. Conservative fairway and approach shots will be rewarded while badly placed shots held subject to costly penalties.
Thailand golfers privileged to play at Alpine Golf & Sports Club will have an unforgettable experience of having their golf skills challenged. The clubhouse facilities, locker rooms, and 2 restaurants (a coffee shop and gourmet Chinese restaurant) are all excellent with service to match. Alpine Golf & Sports Club should be included in any serious Bangkok golf package.
You can also combine this golf course with other courses for your next golf holiday.
Alpine Golf and Sports Club Photo GalleryHave you played golf at the Alpine Golf and Sports Club and took some nice photos that you would like to share with other golfers? Send them to us and we may upload them here. Thank you in advance!
Alpine Golf and Sports Club Map
Alpine Golf and Sports Club Reviews & Comments
Alpine Golf and Sports Club Tee Time | Online Booking
Closed on: MondayThe following prices per golfer. The prices include green fee, caddie fee, cart and transfer hotel-golf course/golf course-hotel.
|1 Golfer||2 Golfers||3 Golfers||4 Golfers|
|min. 2 golfers||min. 2 golfers||THB 7,280||THB 9,940||THB 6,720||THB 9,380||THB 6,210||THB 8,775|
Golfasian is experienced in large and small golfer group hoilday & event arrangements. Contact us directly or use the form below for group bookings.
Golf Tour Packages in Bangkok
- Bangkok & River Kwai Golf Escape
- Bangkok DREAM Golf Package
- Bangkok Golf Break
- 3 Round Bangkok Golf Package
- Bangkok New Golf Courses Package
- One Week Bangkok Golf Package
- Best of Thailand Golf Expedition
- Bangkok Championship Golf Package
- Hua Hin - Bangkok (2-Destination) Golf Package
- Pattaya - Bangkok (2-Destination) Golf Package
- Chiang Mai - Bangkok (2-Destination) Golf Package
- Bangkok - Phuket (2-Destination) Golf Package
- Khao Yai - Bangkok (2-Destination) Golf Package
- Bangkok - Danang (2-Country) Golf Package
- Bangkok - Kanchanaburi - Hua Hin (3-Destination) Golf & Culture Package
Golf Courses in Bangkok
- Alpine Golf and Sports Club
- Ayutthaya Golf Club
- Bangkok Golf Club
- Bangpakong Riverside Country Club
- Bangpoo Golf & Sports Club
- Bangsai Country Club
- Best Ocean Golf Club
- Cascata Golf Club
- Chuan Chuen Golf Club
- Green Valley Country Club
- Kiarti Thanee Country Club
- Krung Kavee Golf Course & Country Club Estate
- Krungthep Kreetha Sports Club
- Lakewood Country Club
- Lakewood Links
- Lam Luk Ka Country Club
- Legacy Golf Club
- Lotus Valley Golf Resort
- Muang Kaew Golf Club
- Navatanee Golf Course
- Nikanti Golf Club
- Panya Indra Golf Club
- Pinehurst Golf & Country Club
- Rachakram Golf Club & Resort
- Riverdale Golf Club
- Rose Garden Golf Club
- Royal Bang Pa-In Golf Club
- Royal Golf & Country Club
- Royal Lakeside Golf Club
- Subhapruek Golf Club
- Summit Windmill Golf Club
- Suvarnabhumi Golf and Country Club
- Suwan Golf & Country Club
- Thai Country Club
- Thana City Golf & Sports Club
- The Royal Gems Golf and Sports Club
- The Royal Gems Golf City - Dream Arena
- Vintage Golf Club
- Windsor Park & Golf Club