Pinehurst Golf & Country Club
27 holes par 72/36 (6855 yards)
Pinehurst Golf & Country Club Information
|Holes / Par / Yardage:||27 holes par 72/36 (6855 yards)|
Northern Bangkok, near the Don Muang Airport
45 minutes from Bangkok center
|Closed on:||Open everyday|
|Max. golfers per group:||Weekday: 5 |
|Golf Cart:||THB 600 / 800(share)|
|Golf Set:||THB 750|
|Golf Shoes:||THB 150|
|Facilities:||Accommodation, Fitness, Restaurants, Sauna, Swimming Pool, Tennis|
(host of 1992 Johnnie Walker Classic & 1994 Thailand Open)
Pinehurst Golf Club, originally inspired by the famous golf club in the USA, was the venue for the 1992 Johnnie Walker Classic and 1994 Thailand Open. The Bangkok golf course was previously one of the most famous courses in Thailand and on Thai golf visitor’s must-play list. However, nowadays Pinehurst is only of average quality and the golf course, club house, and golf resort are all showing their age.
On the other hand, Pinehurst is conveniently located 15 minutes north of Don Muang (Bangkok's domestic) airport and 45 minutes from Bangkok center. Moreover, wide fairways and flat greens make it suitable for mid to high handicappers who want a relaxing game at an easy to reach Bangkok golf course.
Pinehurst Golf & Country Club consists of 3 nine holes each with theoretically different styles. The North Lake course is similar to many American municipal golf courses. The South Greenfield nine is very smooth and flat. The West Forest course is the most challenging of the 3 nines with water hazards and mounds off the sides of the fairways, albeit without any forests.
The West Forest 8th is a par-3 hole and boasts one of the largest putting greens in Asia. Water practically surrounds the green. There is a two-tier driving option. Regular hitters tee from ground level and longer hitters and professionals tee from an elevated tee box suspended by concrete columns. The upper tee box acts as a kind of “roof” for the lower tee box.
Another unique point at Pinehurst is the VIP golf carts with Rolls Royce branding that are available for rent. This together with night time flood lighting makes Pinehurst popular with the locals and Asian expatriate golfers. Many also like the ‘night time’ caddies who double as local university students and can be selected more for their figure, age, and other services rather than their on-course abilities.
Pinehurst has a generous clubhouse, on site golf lodge (only 2-3 star quality), and several restaurants. The view from the clubhouse lounge is quite nice, with the golf course all around. The main restaurant serves some of the best Japanese and Korean food in Bangkok, so be sure to order from these menus if you want something more than decent.
Overall Pinehurst is not a great challenge, but satisfying enough for higher handicappers. It can be very slow and over crowded with up to six hours for 18 holes, so be prepared for a long day on the golf course in Bangkok.
You can also combine this golf course with other courses for your next golf holiday.
Pinehurst Golf & Country Club Photo GalleryHave you played golf at the Pinehurst Golf & Country Club and took some nice photos that you would like to share with other golfers? Send them to us and we may upload them here. Thank you in advance!
Pinehurst Golf & Country Club Map
Pinehurst Golf & Country Club Reviews & Comments
Pinehurst Golf & Country Club Tee Time | Online Booking | Request a Free and Non-Obligatory Quote
Closed on: Open everydayThe following prices per golfer. The prices include green fee, caddie fee and transfer hotel-golf course/golf course-hotel.
|1 Golfer||2 Golfers||3 Golfers||4 Golfers|
|THB 5,800||THB 6,460||THB 3,920||THB 4,557||THB 3,360||THB 3,997||THB 2,970||THB 3,585|
Golfasian is experienced in large and small golfer group hoilday & event arrangements. Contact us directly or use the form below for group bookings.
Golf Tour Packages in Bangkok
- Bangkok & River Kwai Golf Escape
- Bangkok DREAM Golf Package
- Bangkok Golf Break
- 3 Round Bangkok Golf Package
- Bangkok New Golf Courses Package
- One Week Bangkok Golf Package
- Best of Thailand Golf Expedition
- Bangkok Championship Golf Package
- Hua Hin - Bangkok (2-Destination) Golf Package
- Pattaya - Bangkok (2-Destination) Golf Package
- Chiang Mai - Bangkok (2-Destination) Golf Package
- Bangkok - Phuket (2-Destination) Golf Package
- Khao Yai - Bangkok (2-Destination) Golf Package
- Bangkok - Danang (2-Country) Golf Package
- Bangkok - Kanchanaburi - Hua Hin (3-Destination) Golf & Culture Package
Golf Courses in Bangkok
- Alpine Golf and Sports Club
- Ayutthaya Golf Club
- Bangkok Golf Club
- Bangpakong Riverside Country Club
- Bangpoo Golf & Sports Club
- Bangsai Country Club
- Best Ocean Golf Club
- Cascata Golf Club
- Chuan Chuen Golf Club
- Green Valley Country Club
- Kiarti Thanee Country Club
- Krung Kavee Golf Course & Country Club Estate
- Krungthep Kreetha Sports Club
- Lakewood Country Club
- Lakewood Links
- Lam Luk Ka Country Club
- Legacy Golf Club
- Lotus Valley Golf Resort
- Muang Kaew Golf Club
- Navatanee Golf Course
- Nikanti Golf Club
- Panya Indra Golf Club
- Pinehurst Golf & Country Club
- Rachakram Golf Club & Resort
- Riverdale Golf Club
- Rose Garden Golf Club
- Royal Bang Pa-In Golf Club
- Royal Golf & Country Club
- Royal Lakeside Golf Club
- Subhapruek Golf Club
- Summit Windmill Golf Club
- Suvarnabhumi Golf and Country Club
- Suwan Golf & Country Club
- Thai Country Club
- Thana City Golf & Sports Club
- The Royal Gems Golf and Sports Club
- The Royal Gems Golf City - Dream Arena
- Vintage Golf Club
- Windsor Park & Golf Club