I am now back in England and it’s cold and very wet!!
I just wanted to drop you a line to say what a fantastic time I had in Thailand and how very impressed I was with the way your company organised my trip. Everything was just perfect, organised to perfection, all minor details taken care of and it made my stay very enjoyable. Both Noi and Rocky were perfect hosts. I must say I got to know Noi better as he collected me the majority of the time and we had a few rounds of golf together.
I was staggered by the quality of golf at a few places but disappointed with a few. I would like to give you some honest feedback on the courses I played and the facilities.
1. I started at Palm Hills. This was in my opinion a nice track, well presented and all in all a very good course. The club house was excellent and the golf was good. I would give this course a pretty high rating and would liked to have played it again. Great caddie.
2. Imperial Lakes was next. Lovely Clubhouse and superb facilities. Caddies were great and friendly and good at their job. The course was pretty good but unfortunately it was so wet that I felt it almost unplayable. I think had it not been so wet it would have been pretty good.
3. Springfield. Wow, what a fantastic place to play golf. I felt really well looked after. The Clubhouse was fantastic and the facilities superb. Great caddies and a nice touch at the end with a tray of ice cold water and cold towels as you came off the course. The golf was excellent and a fantastic design and quite tough especially the new 9.
4. Royal Hua Hin. This course when I played it was deserted. Obviously the oldest course in Thailand which was really well designed and had some great holes. Unfortunately the fairways hadn’t been cut, the greens were poor and the tee boxes were scruffy and uncut. Really poorly maintained and a real shame as I felt had it been looked after properly it could be right up there. The refreshment huts were basic and a little shoddy. A real pity, but I still enjoyed myself.
5. Black Mountain. What can I say… utterly superb and one of the finest, well maintained and well laid out golf courses I have every played. Very tough from the black tees but very enjoyable. I played this twice and each time wanted to go and play it again. I just couldn’t find any fault with the facilities or the course. It was like playing 6* golf.
6. Banyan. This echoes Black Mountain. Faultless and in perfect condition. Once again 6* golf.
I would rate the courses in the following order
Banyan & Black Mountain were difficult to seperate so joint number 1
Springfield a close second followed by Palm Hills and then Lake View
Royal Hua Hin was really a poor last.
I must say the golf is so different in Thailand. I hit a longish ball but there is no run even on the premier courses, so even though I played from the second back tees most of the time I was still hitting 3/4 irons into the greens for the second shot much of the time. The greens are incredibly quick, especially a downhill put and the ball just stops if you hit the front of the greens. A really different experience to what I’m used to but great all the same.
All in all it was a 5* holiday and I’m now deciding where to go next. I can’t book flights yet but would appreciate if you could put together a provisional package with some costings for 2 weeks next year at the same time in Chaing Mai, as I have heard that the golf is also fantastic there.
Once again many thanks for organising a first class holiday for me and well done for running a very well oiled and slick business.
I look forward to hearing from you again