Premier Thai courses & luxury hotels make major showing at Asian Golf Tourism Convention
KUALA LUMPUR (April 22, 2012) – In a bid to showcase Thailand’ s premier golf courses and luxury resorts to the world’s golf tour operators, key participants of the ‘Golf in a Kingdom: The Thai Golf Experience‘ have turned out in mass at the first ever Asian Golf Tourism Convention (AGTC).
The attendees are meeting with 140 golf tour operators and specialist golf travel agencies from 39 countries including key markets in Asia, Europe, Australia, and the Americas.
Since 2009, Golf in a Kingdom (www.golfinakingdom.com) has united Thailand’s best courses and hotels who understand the finer points of golf hospitality and luxury. Featured golf courses and hotels cater to the discriminating golfer, where first class service is expected.
The Kingdom of Thailand has for decades been the Asian destination of choice for golfers worldwide, thanks to its stellar courses, superb year-round climate, low prices and welcoming culture. Golf In A Kingdom makes it easy for golf tour operators and travelers to identify and be assured that they are dealing with the best courses and resorts throughout Thailand.
Richard Mehr, General Manager of Banyan, The Resort – Hua Hin commented; “I was delighted to hear the announcement last year that IAGTC will take place in Asia and so I did not hesitate to reserve our space and spread the word amongst our colleagues in the industry. We’ve attended many events in Europe which are key markets for us and this opportunity will also allow us to introduce the charming Royal resort of Hua Hin and Thailand, with a portfolio of world class golf courses, fantastic hotels and resorts on offer.”
Stacey Walton, General Manager Banyan Golf Club, Hua Hin further added; “I feel this is an invaluable convention for networking and doing business. I recently attended a meeting with our Golf in a Kingdom members which is a program driven by golf club General Managers actively promoting Thailand as a golf destination and we all agreed that our presence at IAGTC was essential. We are looking forward to meeting everyone at IAGTC”.
Golf In A Kingdom members attending the event include
- Banyan The Resort Hua Hin, a premium golf resort with private villa accommodation in the preferred holiday retreat area of the Thai Royal Family for almost a century. These tasteful villas are conveniently located within proximity of Hua Hin’s best beach stretches, shopping areas and golf course, either connected to a lagoon style swimming pool, or with private pool. Splash pool is for children, and all guests can enjoy our all day dining ‘award winning’ restaurant serving Thai, International cuisine and Hole 19th Bar.
- Banyan Golf Club, one of the best golf courses in Thailand and recently awarded top 1000 in the World by Rolex. Opened in 2008 and won the 2009 Best New Course in Asia Pacific. The course is designed to be enjoyed by players of all levels. The clubhouse is unique with its contemporary Thai style architecture, restaurant and traditional pub. Banyan has everything to provide a great holiday experience. Visit www.banyanthailand.com
- Chiang Mai Highlands Golf & Spa Resort, one thousand feet above sea level in the mountainous northern region of Thailand, Chiang Mai Highlands Golf & Spa Resort is a breath of fresh air – literally. The atmosphere is cooler and crisper here than in any other part of the country. The reservoir-fed course is invigorating, too. Credit goes to Mother Nature and the design team, who elected not to impinge on the land and instead let the natural contours of the hilly property dictate each hole.
- Golfasian, Asia’s largest dedicated golf tour operator specializing in exclusive and prestigious golf holiday tours, for both groups and individuals. By partnering with Thailand’s finest hotels and best golf courses golfers are assured of a truly memorable Thai golf experience.
- Hilton Worldwide Thailand, with resorts in Thailand’s popular golf destinations including Bangkok, Hua Hin, Pattaya, and Phuket. Towering majestically above Chao Praya River, the Millennium Hilton Bangkok hotel boasts sweeping city views. Enjoy panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand from the beachfront Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, located in the heart of the royal town of Hua Hin. Set in the heart of the city overlooking Pattaya Beach and the Bay, the stunning Hilton Pattaya hotel. Unwind with a traditional Thai massage in the Spa at the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa. This stunning resort, set on the sandy Karon Beach, stretches over 75 acres of lush tropical gardens.
- Muang Kaew Golf Club, the closest course to bustling Bangkok is anything but a big-city experience. Lakes and creeks are so abundant; you’ll think you stepped into the countryside. Indeed, water comes into play on every hole. And what a collection of holes it is. The greens are big … but fast.
- Siam Country Club, Old and Plantation Courses, host of the season opening LPGA event in 2007-11 Honda LPGA and the best 45 holes in Pattaya. The Old Course was the first privately owned course in Thailand. The immaculate greens are huge, elevated and contoured, meaning even the best putters will want the expertise of a well-trained caddie. The 27-hole Plantation Course is situated on a former pineapple and tapioca plantation and home to Asia’s first triple green.
- Tourism Authority of Thailand, (TAT) Americas and Europe Divisions, responsible for overall support and promotion of Thailand’s golf tourism industry. TAT supplies information and data on tourist areas to the public, publicizes Thailand with the intention of encouraging international tourists to travel in and around Thailand, conducts studies to set development plans for tourist destinations, and co-operates with and supports the production and development of personnel in the field of tourism.
After the AGTC an invitation-only familiarization trip to Thailand has been arranged to further showcase Golf In A Kingdom. Thirty international tour operators will visit the Thai golf destinations Phuket and Bangkok from April 26 to May 1 to get a firsthand Thai Golf Experience. Golf In A Kingdom resorts and golf courses hosting the international tour operators include:
- Anantara Riverside Resort & Spa, is a city resort with a difference. This luxury hotel has every 5-star amenity for which an urban business or leisure traveler could wish. However, with its classical Thai architecture, tropical gardens and cool river breezes, the Anantara Riverside Resort & Spa offers all the tranquility and kick-back appeal of a resort. Enjoy the expansive river frontage with its fragrant gardens and canal running through the grounds.
- Le Meridian Phuket Beach Resort, situated on a secluded cove on Phuket’s south-western coast, has been an iconic “home away from home” for visitors for 25 years. Just minutes from the island’s main tourist centers and golf courses. Its 470 rooms and suites i were transformed in late 2011 into new deluxe rooms featuring modern and refined décor.
- Thai Country Club, where attention to detail is everywhere – from the high level of customer service, to the posh clubhouse with gourmet restaurant and 5-star locker rooms, to the maintenance of the 18-hole layout, which has served as site of six Asian Tour events including Tiger Woods’ win in 1997. Thai Country Club was voted eight times as the winner of the best course in Thailand.
For more information, contact:
Pascal Orczech, Golfasian / Golf in a Kingdom, Bangkok
Tel: +66 (0) 2 714 8470